Amen ut1. Its too bad he hasn't gotten busted for other rumors if they are true as well. Him and his cohorts.
From Bristol News:
DUFFIELD, Va. ? More than a dozen families who thought they prepaid for funeral services learned Tuesday the money and the former owner of Duffield Funeral Home is missing.
Anthoney Carson Robbins, 44, of Duffield, was indicted on 51 counts of fraud and obtaining money by false pretenses.
An investigation by the Virginia State Police, Scott County's commonwealth's attorney and the Department of Health Professionals has been under way for about six months.
Investigators say Duffield Funeral Home abruptly ceased operations last year, prompting concern from those who prepaid for services.
News Channel 11 drove by Robbins' home and found a For Sale sign in the yard. Neighbors said he hasn't been around for months.
The indictment paperwork is still being processed and is expected to be returned by State Police by the end of this week.
Investigators say their job is not done. Fifteen people have come forward, but more may be involved.
The commonwealth's attorney is asking anyone who purchased a "prepaid" or "preneed" funeral or similar service from Duffield Funeral Home to contact them or the Virginia State Police.
This guy was charged with contributing to the deliquency (buying alcohol for minors) last September, and pleaded "No Contest" at his trial. What really teed me off was that the majority of the kids involved were athletes at RCHS. One lowlife can undo the hard work and positive influence of other responsible adults in a heartbeat. I thought he was one of the good guys. Just goes to show you that we older folks can sometimes be taken in, so we can't judge the kids too harshly.
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."
Amen ut1. Its too bad he hasn't gotten busted for other rumors if they are true as well. Him and his cohorts.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Its a shame, really. He wouldn't have needed to take off with folks money, because that place would have been highly successful. We are without a service that we really needed locally. Hopefully someone will buy that place soon and get it up and running.
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."
Yep. I have known about this for some time, but didn't know it was being investigated. I am glad this has happened.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks